Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- Breastfeeding in public – another debate
- A mother from Burnaby, B.C., says she was embarrassed by a United Airlines flight attendant when she started breastfeeding her baby on a recent flight. Kristen Hilderman and her husband were on board a flight from Houston to Vancouver on Sunday when their five-month-old son started to cry. Not wanti.....
A Day in Mollywood
- Giddyup, Ya’ll! I’m Headed to a Dude Ranch!
I’m so excited to finally make this announcement as I’ve known about this for months but had to keep it quiet! I’ve been wanting to get more into travel blogging and this here press trip to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch is kickin’ it off! Starting tomorrow, I will head south wit.....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- College Savings Day Twitter Chat
- As parents, one of our biggest responsibilities is to help our children achieve the best future possible. Saving for college is an important part of that responsibility, but creating a plan to set aside funds for our children’s education can sometimes be a tough road to navigate. What’s a 529 pl.....