Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- Drinking the ‘juice’ of the toilet brush holder!!!
- My name is Calan, I’m the founder of a new product that we’re hoping will replace the toilet brush. The Loogun is a hygienic, child-safe and chemical-free way to clean your toilet using clean water. We’re currently running a Kickstarter campaign to try bring our product to life, an.....
A Day in Mollywood
- Sawyer’s on the move!
This post is sponsored by Huggies but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. It’s safe to say that Sawyer is ALL over the place. By her brothers’ standards, she was a “late” walker. She didn’t start walking until about 15 months and even then she was ver.....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- ViaCord #BankViaCord Twitter Party w/ @BabyCenter
- Parenthood is full of choices and they start long before your baby is born. Deciding whether to bank your baby’s cord blood is just one of the important decisions that new parents must make. ViaCord wants to help make that decision easier! They’ve teamed up with Rosie Pope to help parents unders.....
The Smart Mama
- A few of my favorite things . . . .
- I made a goal to post every day just recently, but I have tons of work today (my day job, gardening, canning and being a mom) and I can’t seem to focus enough to write anything coherent. So, I will just leave you with a photograph of my new favorite, best ever, wickedly delicious treat:.....
I like to think that the laundry is just lame (you know how I feel about it), but I’m afraid it’s me.
To read the rest of this post please visit my site!
Mother's Hall of Fame
Mothers Celebrating Birthdays this Month
in our Memories