Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- Monsters or the dentist – which is most scary?
- The thought of monsters hiding under the bed can be scary for children, and so can the thought of going to the dentist! Thanks to the lovable Sully & Mike from Monsters Inc and the soon to be released Monsters University we all know monsters can be fun, but what about trips to the dentist? Th.....
A Day in Mollywood
- A Broken Heart Fixed
- I’ve been trying to write this post for what feels like forever. It has been over a month now that we knew my mom needed open heart surgery but every time I came here to write about it I broke down at my computer. I think this surgery is the reason why I haven’t written [...].....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- Merida Becomes 11th Official Disney Princess
- This post is possible due to my attendance at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, which was funded in large part by Disney. All opinions are my own. Last Saturday my family and I had the amazing privilege of witnessing the official coronation of Merida who was welcomed as the 11th official D.....
The Smart Mama
- Land of Fruits and Nuts – Preserving the Harvest – Day 5 – Loquats & Loquat Jelly
- It is May 6, 2013, and loquat trees hang heavy with fruit in Southern California. Driving home from picking up my kids from after school care, we pass 6 or 7 trees in our relatively short drive just covered with fruit – trees that are in the area between a house and the sidewalk. It [...].....
The Road Ahead: life as a soon-to-be single mom
- Second Chances
Remember me?I took the entire summer off from blogging and finally realized how much I miss it. It was a busy summer and now that things have settled down a bit, I'm back.An update in a nutshell...Peanut turned 6 at the begi.....
- 10 Bad Mother’s Day Gifts for 2013
Back by popular demand, it’s this year’s Bad Mother’s Day Gifts! For the 3rd year in a row, whether you want to avoid giving the mother in your life a bad gift or if you’re looking for a passive-aggressive way to let your...
To read the rest of this post please v.....