Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- Drinking the ‘juice’ of the toilet brush holder!!!
- My name is Calan, I’m the founder of a new product that we’re hoping will replace the toilet brush. The Loogun is a hygienic, child-safe and chemical-free way to clean your toilet using clean water. We’re currently running a Kickstarter campaign to try bring our product to life, an.....
- Help Kids be a Champion at Their New School
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company, Kellogg Company, J.M. Smucker Company, and The HERSHEY’S Company. All opinions are mine alone. #StartSchoolLikeAChampion #CollectiveBias Back to School time has arrived already! Like always, we are anxiously.....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- Festive Fridays: Fall Outdoor Fun
- The calendar says it’s fall, but around here days are still quite warm. This is really my favorite time of year to enjoy the outdoors, as it’s still short-sleeves weather but not as humid and stifling as those balmy summer days. I love to find reasons to be outside and am always on the lookout [.....
The Smart Mama
- A few of my favorite things . . . .
- I made a goal to post every day just recently, but I have tons of work today (my day job, gardening, canning and being a mom) and I can’t seem to focus enough to write anything coherent. So, I will just leave you with a photograph of my new favorite, best ever, wickedly delicious treat:.....
- An agreement
I know it’s the best lighting, but there’s no way they’ll hold up their end of the bargain anyway. Hey, while you’re here check out the Big, Bad Gift Giveaway with lots of fun prizes! 6 Winners and some of my favorite items!...
To read the rest of this post please .....