Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- Win a LoBo baby bouncer from BabaBing!
- Generally, when a baby arrives any hopes you had of a trendy living space leave. Our fairly roomy two bedroom apartment seemed to shrink measurably when Pickle arrived and every spare piece of floor was suddenly taken over by baby paraphernalia. It was all necessary kit, but some was cute while some.....
A Day in Mollywood
- A Broken Heart Fixed
- I’ve been trying to write this post for what feels like forever. It has been over a month now that we knew my mom needed open heart surgery but every time I came here to write about it I broke down at my computer. I think this surgery is the reason why I haven’t written [...].....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- Disney Parks 24 Hour Monstrous Summer Event
- To kick off the summer season and celebrate the June opening of the new Disney film Monsters University, Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, and Disney’s California Adventure are open for 24 hours straight today! My daughter and I have the honor of being guests of Disney Par.....