Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- How Lucky Are You?
- When it comes to luck…..I have only won one thing in my life. When I was in elementary school I put my name in a contest to win a 100 pound chocolate egg from a local chocolate store. It was a big Easter promotion for the chocolate shop in order to entice young kids into […]
- Sawyer | one-month-old
- Oh, my sweet Sawyer. You are one-month-old already! Mama is probably going to be late writing every single one of these monthly letters but I will try my best to keep up! I’m in absolute awe that a month has passed us by already. It honestly feels like we just left the hospital with you. [R.....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- DoveBeautyChat Twitter Party
- Have you ever looked at a picture of yourself and really liked what you saw or do you pick apart all of the “flaws” about yourself? This year is the 10th anniversary of the Dove® Campaign for Real Beauty. Along with Walgreens, Dove® is working to start conversations about self-esteem and redef.....
The Smart Mama
- The Smart Mama: Preparations Matter in an Emergency ~ Communications Plan
- News reports of shortages in supplies in advance of the ice storm now hitting the southeast underscore the need to prepare for emergencies in advance – and not 24 hours in advance. Yes, you can plan on being able to go buy food, toilet paper, dog food, formula, shovels, generators, whatever be.....