Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- A Kinder Surprise In Italy!
- As summer comes to a close I am reflective of the wonderful months that have gone by. My family was fortunate enough to take a trip to Italy for three weeks. We had been planning the trip for over a year and all of our extended family and some close friends were able to join […]
A Day in Mollywood
- How to Create Quality of Life at Work
I’ll admit, I haven’t always had the best quality of life at work. While I enjoy being a working mom in my current role it most certainly hasn’t always been that way in the past. The challenges I have faced were not fun and I know there are plenty of working moms who are in th.....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- 3 years...
- Libby’s Cups Twitter Party
- As parents, we want to be sure that our families are eating wholesome and delicious meals, but with busy schedules and not much time left for food prep, this can be a big challenge. Libby’s vegetable cups are a great solution to help cut prep time and help you prepare tasty, wholesome meals and sn.....
The Smart Mama
- A few of my favorite things . . . .
- I made a goal to post every day just recently, but I have tons of work today (my day job, gardening, canning and being a mom) and I can’t seem to focus enough to write anything coherent. So, I will just leave you with a photograph of my new favorite, best ever, wickedly delicious treat:.....
- It Depends
Often times when someone talks about all the ‘firsts’ that come after having a baby it’s things like the baby’s first words, baby’s first tooth, baby’s first steps… But when it’s a woman’s first...
To read the rest of this post please.....
Mother's Hall of Fame
Mothers Celebrating Birthdays this Month