Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- What is Every Woman?
- It’s Spring! Take the time to tap into the BEST of you! We all know what it feels like to get lost in our laundry list of activities, forgetting to make time for our personal health & wellness, and sometimes even forgetting to breathe! With the start of Spring here is an event and opportunit.....
- Thoughts on Turning 35
- I should have written this post last December. Because that was when I turned 35. But, you know, I was pregnant and sick. This led to me not having the energy or desire to blog much at all. Then we had baby #3 in January and I swore I would get around to it but […].....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- Disney Kids Twitter Party
- When it comes to creating magical, memorable “firsts” for our little ones, no one does it better than Walt Disney World Resort! And since there’s no better time than now to start experiencing these milestones, we’re throwing a special twitter party to fill you on in on all th.....
The Smart Mama
- The Smart Mama: Preparations Matter in an Emergency ~ Communications Plan
- News reports of shortages in supplies in advance of the ice storm now hitting the southeast underscore the need to prepare for emergencies in advance – and not 24 hours in advance. Yes, you can plan on being able to go buy food, toilet paper, dog food, formula, shovels, generators, whatever be.....
Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva
- Looking Green, Going Green, and Recycling
For those of you who celebrate, I hope you all had a nice Easter Sunday. For us, it was the first time that we missed celebrating with extended family, but since 4/5 of us were still sick, we hung out at home. Luckily, it was the last day of...
To read the rest of this post please vis.....
Mother's Hall of Fame
Mothers Celebrating Birthdays this Month