Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- Staycation or Awaycation?
- For the first five years of motherhood I lived nearly 5000 miles away from my family. It’s my fault – I chose to up-sticks and move away. When we were just a couple I was fine with a visit from my parents once a year, a yearly trip home for us and weekly phone calls, […]
- Six Months of Sawyer
- I can’t believe I’m writing this already but our sweet Sawyer just turned six-months-old! How is she half a year old already?! I’m sure every mom thinks this but I swear we were just leaving the hospital with her yesterday! The past six months with her in our family have been an ab.....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- Yesterday evening I received this email from LinkedIn: It took me a moment to realize that I received the congratulations from the ever awesome Lisa over at A Daily Pinch because today, July 22nd, is the sixth anniversary of my first blog post. My reaction? Numbness. For my first bloggiversary, I d.....
The Smart Mama
- A few of my favorite things . . . .
- I made a goal to post every day just recently, but I have tons of work today (my day job, gardening, canning and being a mom) and I can’t seem to focus enough to write anything coherent. So, I will just leave you with a photograph of my new favorite, best ever, wickedly delicious treat:.....
Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva
- I’m not aging, I’m evolving
By now, you all know how I roll on my birthday… I prefer to spend the day basking in denial, sitting on a thrown of lies…and possibly while wearing this tee shirt. Hey, it’s my party, and I’ll lie if I want to… This...
To read the rest of this post please vi.....