Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- Drinking the ‘juice’ of the toilet brush holder!!!
- My name is Calan, I’m the founder of a new product that we’re hoping will replace the toilet brush. The Loogun is a hygienic, child-safe and chemical-free way to clean your toilet using clean water. We’re currently running a Kickstarter campaign to try bring our product to life, an.....
- When Your Therapist Finally Says the Words You Want to Hear
I met with my therapist this week, just as I have been doing every week for over a year now. And for the first time in a long time I ran out of things to say. She said this is the best I’ve looked and sounded since I started coming to her last May. At […]
The post "EB"ing a Mommy
- Festive Fridays: 4th of July Menu Ideas
- With just days to go until the 4th of July, it’s time to plan the menu for your holiday cookout! Whether you’re just feeding your own family, preparing a side for a potluck, or having the whole neighborhood over for a feast to celebrate our nation, we have gathered up some delicious recipes for .....
The Smart Mama
- A few of my favorite things . . . .
- I made a goal to post every day just recently, but I have tons of work today (my day job, gardening, canning and being a mom) and I can’t seem to focus enough to write anything coherent. So, I will just leave you with a photograph of my new favorite, best ever, wickedly delicious treat:.....
- My Body is a Temple
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2016
The post My Body is a Temple appeared first on .
To read the rest of this post please visit my site!