Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- It’s never too early…
- As far as kids are concerned, the earlier the Christmas celebrations are allowed to start the better. If my kids had their way the tree would have been up weeks ago, but my rule is 2 weeks before the big day… and no matter how much pleading and badgering I’m subjected to I’m sticking to [&.....
A Day in Mollywood
- I’m Thankful for Choices
- Howdy and a lovely Thanksgiving to all of you! This year we’re having a bit of a non-traditional Thanksgiving. As many of you know Naaman works in a hospital. His career is what I would call pretty darn essential to society. He helps take care of very sick people in the ICU. Many years ago [.......
"EB"ing a Mommy
- Advil® Relief in Action Twitter Party
- The holidays are here and tis the season to give back to others in need. While there are many ways to give, from building homes to running a race for a cause, those who volunteer can’t afford to have pain hold them back from giving back. That’s why the Advil® Relief in Action campaign i.....
The Smart Mama
- Land of Fruits and Nuts – Day 9 – What the heck am I doing and cookbook porn
- Okay, so today I woke up and wondered what the heck am I doing with 6 acres of land covered with fruit trees and vegetables and other stuff. How am I going to do something with the bounty? The avocados hanging on the trees mock me. We can’t sell them at a Farmer’s Market unless [...].....
The Road Ahead: life as a soon-to-be single mom
- Second Chances
Remember me?I took the entire summer off from blogging and finally realized how much I miss it. It was a busy summer and now that things have settled down a bit, I'm back.An update in a nutshell...Peanut turned 6 at the beginning of .....
Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva
- The Protest
This wasn’t my first protest, so I sort of knew what to expect: The protesters in my house often use mental warfare to slowly wear me down until I’m forced to meet their demands as photographed above sometime last year. And...
To read the rest of this post please visit my site.....
Mother's Hall of Fame
Mothers Celebrating Birthdays this Month
in our Memories