Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- A Kinder Surprise In Italy!
- As summer comes to a close I am reflective of the wonderful months that have gone by. My family was fortunate enough to take a trip to Italy for three weeks. We had been planning the trip for over a year and all of our extended family and some close friends were able to join […]
- Why my fake Christmas tree is totally okay
- The other day I was perusing my facebook feed as one does and I came upon an interesting conversation about Christmas trees. A blogger asked this question on her page: Do you put up a real tree or a fake tree for Christmas? Consequently, World War III began. I had no idea how strongly people [….....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- Hi there!
- #MotoCheer Twitter Party with Clever Girls
- The holidays are just days away and many of us are scrambling to get just the right gift for everyone on our list! How do you make the holidays personal? Join us as we chat with Clever Girls and Motorola to share our best gift-giving advice and talk about how we put a personal touch […].....
The Smart Mama
- A few of my favorite things . . . .
- I made a goal to post every day just recently, but I have tons of work today (my day job, gardening, canning and being a mom) and I can’t seem to focus enough to write anything coherent. So, I will just leave you with a photograph of my new favorite, best ever, wickedly delicious treat:.....
- Momz Club
In motherhood I’ve found an abundance of many things. There’s so much love, joy, laughter, laundry… My cup doesn’t runneth over in all things, however. Perhaps second only to a Mom’s lack of sleep is her near...
To read the rest of this post please visit m.....