Create and upload a video explaining why your Mother, is a Hall of Fame Mother and
Win a $200 Visa or MasterCard
Gift Card if your video is the most liked on this site in the first full month after you post it!
Vote for your Favorite Video Here
About Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and celebrating motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, yet most commonly in March, April, or May. Celebrations of mothers and motherhood occur throughout the world; many of these can be traced back to ancient festivals, like the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration.
In most countries, Mother's Day is a recent observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in America. When it was adopted by other countries and cultures, it was given different meanings, associated to different events (religious, historical or legendary), and celebrated on a different date or dates. Some countries already had existing celebrations honoring motherhood, and their celebrations have adopted several external characteristics from the US holiday, like giving carnations and other presents to your own mother.
The extent of the celebrations varies greatly. In some countries, it is potentially offensive to one's mother not to mark Mother's Day. In others, it is a little-known festival celebrated mainly by immigrants, or covered by the media as a taste of foreign culture.
Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day
The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms
- Breastfeeding in public – another debate
- A mother from Burnaby, B.C., says she was embarrassed by a United Airlines flight attendant when she started breastfeeding her baby on a recent flight. Kristen Hilderman and her husband were on board a flight from Houston to Vancouver on Sunday when their five-month-old son started to cry. Not wanti.....
A Day in Mollywood
- My Struggle with Chronic Pain
My mom put me in my first dance class when I was three-years-old and being the stage-loving performer that I am, I absolutely flourished. I took tap, jazz and ballet classes until I left for college at the age of 18. I was active and in shape, spending hours a day stretching and strengthening my .....
"EB"ing a Mommy
- Walt Disney World #FreshEpcot Twitter Party
- Spring is an amazing time of year, with everything springing back to life after the cold days of winter. Nowhere is that more apparent than at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort. With colorful character topiaries and garden displays, a variety of .....
The Smart Mama
- A few of my favorite things . . . .
- I made a goal to post every day just recently, but I have tons of work today (my day job, gardening, canning and being a mom) and I can’t seem to focus enough to write anything coherent. So, I will just leave you with a photograph of my new favorite, best ever, wickedly delicious treat:.....
- #ReadySetSlime Your Mom
These days it seems to be getting harder and harder for me to find family activities that everyone will enjoy. With two boys ages 9 and 7, and a girl who is 5, we’re just getting to a point where they all have very different hobbies and...
To read the rest of this post please vis.....